Sydney Boat Hire is offering affordable self-drive boat hire on Cruiseabout 610. Cruiseabout 610 is our Quintrex self-drive vessel. Cruiseabout 610 is faster than our no licence required vessels. She can reach speeds of up to 40 knots and is powered by a 140hp Suzuki. Cruiseabout 610 features; a Lowrance Mark 7 colour fishfinder, GPS, chopping board, rod holders, dining table, 4 marine outdoor speakers, free fuel, safety equipment, bimini shade, plastic clears, comfortable lounges, and more! These features make her perfect for a day out fishing on Sydney Harbour.
You can forget about the headaches of launching the self-drive boat in and out of the water. Our friendly staff will take care of the boat launch. This means that all you need to do if jump on and have fun! We will also fuel her up, place her in the water and clean up afterwards. You can blast your favourite songs while sitting back and reeling in the catch of the day with the 4 marine speakers onboard.
Self-drive boat hire on Cruiseabout 610 means that can avoid the crowds on scheduled harbour cruises. You will be your own captain and create your own voyage of discovery. Cruise around Sydney Harbour, and see the iconic Australian landmarks from a new perspective. You can cruise under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, past the Opera House and view the impressive foreshore homes. Why not stop off to take pictures along our recommended route or to do some swimming in one of Australia’s famous beaches? Self-drive boat hire on Cruiseabout 610 is perfect for casual days out, Fathers Day, and fishing trips. We will ensure that you are equipped with the information, hints and tips for the hire before you head out, so you can have a memorable experience.
|Monday – Thursday|
|Friday – Sunday|
|20% surcharge on all public holiday weekends and special event|
New Years Eve
7 Hour Hire (either from 6pm – 1am or 7pm – 2am)
Up to 8 adults
Esky with ice
$2800.00 inc GST
No towing of tubes, skis or boards are permitted.
- Outdoor Speaker
- Stereo Stystem
- Fishing Rods
- Esky with Ice
Where do we meet?
Is there parking there?
During the weekdays, parking is permitted inside the boat ramp parking lot. But we highly advise parking on the street where 24 hr parking is available.
What if we have children?
Children are permitted to be on board at any age. Those under the age of 12 will be supplied a life jacket which they must wear throughout the whole duration of the hire.
How much is the bond?
A $500 credit card bond will be processed at the beginning of every booking
What is the minimum age to operate the vessels?
What is your wet weather policy?
If poor weather conditions are present before the hire proceeds a transfer of the reservation will be granted, however, we do not grant such a transfer for rain alone. Whether deemed not safe includes either of the following:
(A) Winds exceeding 40km/hr
(B) Rain exceeding 15mm
Where can we operate the boat?
Our vessels can operate almost anywhere within Sydney Harbour and Parramatta River. The furthest East if Georges Head inline with Neilson Park in Vaucluse. travelling up the river, the furthest you can travel is to Silver Water Bridge.
On the day of your hire, you will be supplied with a map.
What are the Terms and Conditions?
- (A) Vessels only to operated between sunrise and sunset (B) Vessels only to be operated in areas specified in the operations manual (Meadowbanks to Georges Head) Vessels must be controlled at all times by the holder of a current, valid boat license or as the listed driver for vessels that do not require a license. All other state marine licensing rules apply. (D) The hirer is the holder of a current motor drivers license (E) The following safety conditions apply at all times that the vessel is in use; (a) A life jacket of Australian standards association must be available for each person on board the vessel. Suitable PDFs (lifejackets) are provided for all passengers i.e adult, juvenile, child. (recommended for children under 12 years at all times). (b) An adequate and approved extinguisher must be on board when vessel is in use. (c) An anchor and sufficient line, bucket with lanyard, flares, torch, secondary sounding device is to be carried on board at all times (F) The vessel is to be used and navigated so as to comply with the requirements of the NSW Maritime (G) The hirer has been given clear and concise instructions on: (a) Correct and safe handling and navigation of the vessel (b) Correct and safe operation of machinery & fuel system (c) Stowage and use of life-saving appliances (d) Location and use of the fire extinguisher (e) Limits of operation. (H) The hirer when signing this document acknowledges he/she has read the above conditions and is conversant with the terms thereof and fully understands the effect on them.
- The hirer will: A) Pay all charges as set out overleaf together with all other charges, which may be levied or made pursuant to the conditions hereof. B) Not drive the vessel whilst under the influence of liquor or drugs, or with a blood alcohol content in excess of any statutory limit. Permissible concentration of alcohol for drivers of recreational vessels is less than 0.05. Random breath testing can be conducted on drivers, penalties range from $1100 for a first offence in the low range to $5,500 and up to 2 years imprisonment. C) The hirer will NOT allow any other person to control the vessel unless listed on the booking form & is responsible for all occupants and their actions. D) Report any accident to the nearest police station and the owner forthwith. E) Not have the vessel repaired except with the express permission and consent of the owner and the owner shall be at liberty to direct any particular person to make such repairs or to do such repairs provided that the owner shall not incur any liability in respect of such repairing. F) Not operate the vessel outside the designated areas or areas advised by the operator on the day of the hire.
- (A) Accidental damage insurance only covers the loss and damage to the vessel during the period of hire and does not cover the loss or damage: i) To personal items ii) Due to negligence or criminal action by the hirer; iii) Resulting from overloading, speeding, overheating, seizure or misuse of the vessel iv) When the vessel is overdue for return; v) Arising from more than one accident or event vi) If at any time the driver of the vessel is not the authorised person under this hire contract. (B) Accident damage does not cover the first $1,000 of damage, which will be the hirer’s responsibility. A security bond will be required prior to departure. The bond will be refunded so long as no damage occurred to the boat during the hire period. Where damages occur charges of up to $1000 may be debited from the credit card provided, where damages are covered by insurance. (C) The hirer agrees to pay the owner the cost of repair; replacement of any loss or damage howsoever caused which is not covered by insurance due to any breach by the hirer or any other caused whatsoever. (D) The owner shall not be responsible for any fines incurred or any breaches of marine regulations in respect to the vessel whilst under control or custody of the hirer or during the continuance of the term of the hire. (E) The hirer acknowledges and accepts the that the use and operation of the vessel, included for the purposes of water skiing, swimming, towing a tube and other such like activities, is subject to inherent risks and dangers. The Hirer accepts those risks and agrees to indemnify the Owner of the vessel, Sydney Boat Hire for any losses suffered by the Hirer, any passengers or any third parties as a result of the materialisation of those risks and dangers, The Hirer also undertakes to advise all passengers of the risks and dangers associated with the use and operation of the vessel prior to boarding. The hirer acknowledges and understands all safety material and briefings that have been presented.
- The owner hereby expressly negatives all warranties conditions or
representations expressed or implied in respect of the fitness, quality or state of repair of the vessel hired and is under no liability in this respect whether for negligence or otherwise.
- Should the hired vessel not be returned within the time stipulated then a charge equivalent to a single day hire, or part thereof shall be charged until the vessel is returned. If the hirer is unable to be made contact with, it will be deemed the hirer to have lost/ stolen the vessel and Sydney Boat Hire will take steps to regain possession, including police action.
- In the event of the vessel breaking down, the onset of poor weather conditions the hirer shall notify the owner to arrange the immediate return of the vessel. The period of the hire shall be determined upon the return of the vessel. In no event shall the owner be responsible for any costs / loss incurred by the hirer.
- If poor weather conditions are present before the hire proceeds a transfer in reservation will be granted, however we do not grant such a transfer for rain alone. Whether deemed not safe includes either of the following: (A) Winds exceeding 40km/hr (B) Rain exceeding 10mm (C) Fog
- (a) A cancellation or postponement of hire between 30 to 15 days from the hire date will result in a 50% refund. (b) A cancellation or postponement within 15 days of the hire date will result in a no refund.
- A cleaning fee of $100 will be charged if the vessel is returned uncleaned / dirty.
- (a) If the hirer does not arrive to Fivedock Bay Boat Ramp within 20 minutes of their safety and operations briefing, Sydney Boat Hire reserves the right to withdraw from booking until time is free to continue. (b) In the event of “no show”, no refund will be granted. (c) No time will be granted for late departures due to late arrivals of customer.
- I understand and acknowledge that Charge of 50% of the hourly rate will be processed every 15 minutes the vessel is beyond it’s due return time listed below.
Are pets allowed on board?
Yes! You are more than welcome to bring your pooch on board
This is vessel wheelchair accessible?
Unfortunately not as there is a step down to board the vessel