Self Drive Boat Hire – Pontoon
Our luxury Sweet water hire and drive pontoon boats are designed with central driving console, ideal for novice drivers and fitted with comfortable lounge style seating for up to 7 passengers, bimini shade cover, change room/ toilet, and stereo.
You can avoid the crowds of the scheduled harbour cruises and choose your own voyage of discovery. Cruise under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, past the Opera House and impressive foreshore homes. Stop off to take pictures along route or to do some fishing. Visit a harbour beach for a swim or just to enjoy a relaxing picnic.
Where do we pick up from?
You will pick up your self-drive pontoon vessel from Drummoyne Boat Ramp on Bayswater st Drummoyne.
Is there parking there?
During the weekdays, parking is permitted inside the boat ramp parking lot. But we highly advise to park on the street where 24 hr parking is available.
How many people can go on?
Our self-drive pontoon boats hold a total of 7 adults
What if we have children?
Children is permitted to be on board at any age. Those under the age of 12 will be supplied a lifejacket which they must wear throughout the whole duration of the hire.
What if i have 4 adults and 4 kids?
That is applicable, each child is considered as 0.5 of an adult.
How much is the bond?
a $500 credit card bond will be processed at the beginning of every booking
What is the minimum age?
- – Pontoon Boat Hire
- – Training on boat handling and harbour navigation rules
- – Free harbour fishing license
- – Fuel and insurance
- – Exclusive boat use for groups of up to 7 passengers
- – Toilet/change room
- – Marine Stereo
- – Fully Carpeted
- – Comefortable Couches
- – Safety equipment (life jackets, fire extinguisher etc)
- PONTOON - Queen’s Birthday Boat & Yacht Hire
- PONTOON - Vivid Boat & Yacht Hire
- PONTOON - ANZAC Day Boat & Yacht Hire
- PONTOON - Good Friday Boat & Yacht Hire
- PONTOON - Wedding Boat Hire
- PONTOON - Christmas Eve Boat Hire
- PONTOON - Easter Boat & Yacht Hire
- PONTOON - New Years Eve 2018 Boat Hire
- PONTOON - Christmas Boat Hire
- PONTOON - Birthdays Boat Hire
- PONTOON - Harbourlife Boat & Yacht Hire
- PONTOON - Australia Day Boat Hire
- PONTOON - Boxing Day Boat Hire
“This is a perfect way to spend half a day on a beautiful in Sydney. We cruised along the Sydney harbor seeing the harbor bridge, the opera house and the numerous islands and points along the way, then we anchored at longeville to have lunch. The water is so calm and tranquil around this area! It was just such a picture perfect day! I am leaving Sydney soon after being here for 5 years and I couldn’t think a better way to spend my last days here! Highly recommended!” – Didi
Since 2010, we are the first in Sydney Harbour to offer self drive boat hire pontoon boats with no license required at affordable prices. The team at Sydney Boat Hire have vast knowledge of the ins and outs of Sydney Harbour. We don’t charge you for the operations briefing like other companies because we believe everyone should learn how to drive a boat! Don’t have a license but would like to hire a self-drive vessel? At Sydney Boat Hire, we have our self-drive pontoon vessels holding up to 7 people. Designed for those who never have boating experience, our self-drive pontoons includes comfortable lounges, toilet/change room, marine stereo, plenty of storage, bimini cover and all safety equipment.
Our process is quite simple:
- Call us on email us regarding availability on dates and times. If you’re happy with availability, we can take your booking over the phone!
- Once booked, arrive at Drummoyne Boat Ramp on bayswater st half an hour prior to your booking.
- One of our operators will be there with your vessel in the water with a full tank of fuel and ready to go.
- After safely boarding your boat, a $500 credit card bond will be collected
- Our operator will commence a half an hour briefing on the rules and laws of driving in Sydney Harbour as well as a safety run down.
- As soon as your driver has a full understanding of operating the self-drive pontoon, you’re ready to go!
Peak season: November – March
Off-peak season: April – October
|20% surcharge on all public holiday weekends and special event days|