Self-Drive Pontoon Harbourlife Boat Hire
Our luxury Sweetwater hire and drive pontoon boats are designed with central driving console, ideal for novice drivers and fitted with comfortable lounge style seating for up to 7 passengers, bimini shade cover, change room/ toilet, BBQ and stereo.
You can avoid the crowds of the scheduled harbour cruises and choose your own voyage of discovery. Cruise under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, past the Opera House and impressive foreshore homes. Stop off to take pictures along route or to do some fishing. Visit a harbour beach for a swim or just to enjoy a relaxing BBQ picnic.
Where do we pick up from?
You will pick up your self-drive pontoon vessel from Drummoyne Boat Ramp on Bayswater st Drummoyne.
Is there parking there?
During the weekdays, parking is permitted inside the boat ramp parking lot. But we highly advise to park on the street where 24 hr parking is available.
How many people can go on?
Our self-drive pontoon boats hold a total of 7 adults
What if we have children?
Children is permitted to be on board at any age. Those under the age of 12 will be supplied a lifejacket which they must wear throughout the whole duration of the hire.
What if i have 4 adults and 4 kids?
That is applicable, each child is considered as 0.5 of an adult.
How much is the bond?
a $500 credit card bond will be processed at the beginning of every booking
What is the minimum age?
- – Pontoon Boat Hire
- – Training on boat handling and harbour navigation rules
- – Free harbour fishing license
- – Fuel and insurance
- – Exclusive boat use for groups of up to 7 passengers
- – Toilet/change room
- – Marine Stereo
- – Fully Carpeted
- – Comefortable Couches
- – Safety equipment (life jackets, fire extinguisher etc)
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - Queen’s Birthday Boat & Yacht Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - Vivid Boat & Yacht Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - ANZAC Day Boat & Yacht Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - Good Friday Boat & Yacht Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - Wedding Boat Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - Christmas Eve Boat Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - Easter Boat & Yacht Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - New Years Eve 2018 Boat Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - Christmas Boat Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - Birthdays Boat Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - Harbourlife Boat & Yacht Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - Australia Day Boat Hire
- Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017 - Boxing Day Boat Hire
Self-drive Pontoon Harbourlife 2017
“That was awesome! The boat was in immaculate condition, the staff at Sydney Boat Hire are extremely experienced and we had a ball of a time” – Timothy Rose
Since 2010, we are the first in Sydney Harbour to offer self-drive pontoon boats with no license required at affordable prices. The team at SBH have vast knowledge of the ins and outs of Sydney Harbour. We don’t charge you for the operations briefing like other companies because we believe everyone should learn how to drive a boat! Don’t have a license but would like to hire a self-drive vessel? At Sydney Boat Hire, we have our self-drive pontoon vessels holding up to 7 people. Designed for those who never have boating experience, our self-drive pontoons includes comefortable lounges, toilet/change room, marine stereo, plenty of storage, bimini cover and all safety equipment.
Our process is quite simple:
- Call us on email us regarding availability on dates and times. If you’re happy with availability, we can take your booking over the phone!
- Once booked, arrive at Drummoyne Boat Ramp on bayswater st half an hour prior to your booking.
- One of our operators will be there with your vessel in the water with a full tank of fuel and ready to go.
- After safely boarding your boat, a $500 credit card bond will be collected
- Our operator will commence a half an hour briefing on the rules and laws of driving in Sydney Harbour as well as a safety run down.
- As soon as your driver has a full understanding of operating the self-drive pontoon, you’re ready to go!
Harbourlife 2017 Rates
Includes special event surcharge