Our Red Pacific Pontoon self drive boat hire is one that you can drive yourself. You don’t even need to have a boat licence or any previous boating experience. The Red Pacific has a maximum capacity of 12 guests. This means she is perfect for days out with friends and family. The new triple hull pontoon ensures that you will have a safe and stable drive. This means that you won’t have to worry about it being too rocky when you are driving out on the beautiful Sydney Harbour.
The self-drive Red Pacific Pontoon has an overall length of 7.5 metres. She features comfortable lounges that will seat all guests onboard, and a 4-channel surround sound system. This makes her so comfortable so you can sit back and relax. The non-slip flooring onboard the Red Pacific Pontoon has also been installed to ensure that this vessel is child-friendly. Did you know that you can also bring dogs onboard our self-drive boats? This makes self-drive boat hire on Sydney Harbour the perfect activity for the whole family!
Our new self-drive boat hire can be operated anywhere between Ryde Bridge & Clifton Gardens, so it allows you to enjoy the views of some of Australia’s most iconic landmarks. Imagine sailing past the Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Sydney City Skyline, the beautiful beaches & islands as well as the amazing foreshore homes on your hire. This means that you can experience all of these landmarks from a different perspective than before!
The pontoon doesn’t require a boat licence or boating experience- you just need to be over 21 years of age! Become your own captain and create your own voyage with Sydney Boat Hire on our Red Pacific Pontoon. We will ensure that prior to your hire, you will be equipped with all the knowledge, hints, tips, and recommended routes to make your experience memorable.
January – December
|20% surcharge on all public holiday weekends and special event days
(excluding New Years Eve)
New Years Eve
7 Hour Hire (either from 6pm – 1am or 7pm – 2am)
Up to 12 adults
Large Esky with ice
$4200.00 inc GST
- Stereo Stystem
No Catering Available
- Esky with Ice
Where do we meet?
After making your booking with us, You will pick up your self-drive vessel from Fivedock Bay Boat Ramp on Bayswater st Drummoyne.
Is there parking there?
During the weekdays, parking is permitted inside the boat ramp parking lot. But we highly advise parking on the street where 24 hr parking is available.
What if we have children?
Children are permitted to be on board at any age. Those under the age of 12 will be supplied a life jacket which they must wear throughout the whole duration of the hire.
How much is the bond?
A $500 credit card bond will be processed at the beginning of every booking
What is the minimum age to operate the vessels?
What is your wet weather policy?
If poor weather conditions are present before the hire proceeds a transfer of the reservation will be granted, however, we do not grant such a transfer for rain alone. Whether deemed not safe includes either of the following:
(A) Winds exceeding 40km/hr
(B) Rain exceeding 15mm
Where can we operate the boat?
Our vessels can operate almost anywhere within Sydney Harbour and Parramatta River. The furthest East if Georges Head inline with Neilson Park in Vaucluse. travelling up the river, the furthest you can travel is to Silver Water Bridge.
On the day of your hire, you will be supplied with a map.
What are the Terms and Conditions?
- (A) Vessels only to operated between sunrise and sunset (B) Vessels only to be operated in areas specified in the operations manual (Meadowbanks to Georges Head) Vessels must be controlled at all times by the holder of a current, valid boat license or as the listed driver for vessels that do not require a license. All other state marine licensing rules apply. (D) The hirer is the holder of a current motor drivers license (E) The following safety conditions apply at all times that the vessel is in use; (a) A life jacket of Australian standards association must be available for each person on board the vessel. Suitable PDFs (lifejackets) are provided for all passengers i.e adult, juvenile, child. (recommended for children under 12 years at all times). (b) An adequate and approved extinguisher must be on board when vessel is in use. (c) An anchor and sufficient line, bucket with lanyard, flares, torch, secondary sounding device is to be carried on board at all times (F) The vessel is to be used and navigated so as to comply with the requirements of the NSW Maritime (G) The hirer has been given clear and concise instructions on: (a) Correct and safe handling and navigation of the vessel (b) Correct and safe operation of machinery & fuel system (c) Stowage and use of life-saving appliances (d) Location and use of the fire extinguisher (e) Limits of operation. (H) The hirer when signing this document acknowledges he/she has read the above conditions and is conversant with the terms thereof and fully understands the effect on them.
- The hirer will: A) Pay all charges as set out overleaf together with all other charges, which may be levied or made pursuant to the conditions hereof. B) Not drive the vessel whilst under the influence of liquor or drugs, or with a blood alcohol content in excess of any statutory limit. Permissible concentration of alcohol for drivers of recreational vessels is less than 0.05. Random breath testing can be conducted on drivers, penalties range from $1100 for a first offence in the low range to $5,500 and up to 2 years imprisonment. C) The hirer will NOT allow any other person to control the vessel unless listed on the booking form & is responsible for all occupants and their actions. D) Report any accident to the nearest police station and the owner forthwith. E) Not have the vessel repaired except with the express permission and consent of the owner and the owner shall be at liberty to direct any particular person to make such repairs or to do such repairs provided that the owner shall not incur any liability in respect of such repairing. F) Not operate the vessel outside the designated areas or areas advised by the operator on the day of the hire.
- (A) Accidental damage insurance only covers the loss and damage to the vessel during the period of hire and does not cover the loss or damage: i) To personal items ii) Due to negligence or criminal action by the hirer; iii) Resulting from overloading, speeding, overheating, seizure or misuse of the vessel iv) When the vessel is overdue for return; v) Arising from more than one accident or event vi) If at any time the driver of the vessel is not the authorised person under this hire contract. (B) Accident damage does not cover the first $1,000 of damage, which will be the hirer’s responsibility. A security bond will be required prior to departure. The bond will be refunded so long as no damage occurred to the boat during the hire period. Where damages occur charges of up to $1000 may be debited from the credit card provided, where damages are covered by insurance. (C) The hirer agrees to pay the owner the cost of repair; replacement of any loss or damage howsoever caused which is not covered by insurance due to any breach by the hirer or any other caused whatsoever. (D) The owner shall not be responsible for any fines incurred or any breaches of marine regulations in respect to the vessel whilst under control or custody of the hirer or during the continuance of the term of the hire. (E) The hirer acknowledges and accepts the that the use and operation of the vessel, included for the purposes of water skiing, swimming, towing a tube and other such like activities, is subject to inherent risks and dangers. The Hirer accepts those risks and agrees to indemnify the Owner of the vessel, Sydney Boat Hire for any losses suffered by the Hirer, any passengers or any third parties as a result of the materialisation of those risks and dangers, The Hirer also undertakes to advise all passengers of the risks and dangers associated with the use and operation of the vessel prior to boarding. The hirer acknowledges and understands all safety material and briefings that have been presented.
- The owner hereby expressly negatives all warranties conditions or
representations expressed or implied in respect of the fitness, quality or state of repair of the vessel hired and is under no liability in this respect whether for negligence or otherwise.
- Should the hired vessel not be returned within the time stipulated then a charge equivalent to a single day hire, or part thereof shall be charged until the vessel is returned. If the hirer is unable to be made contact with, it will be deemed the hirer to have lost/ stolen the vessel and Sydney Boat Hire will take steps to regain possession, including police action.
- In the event of the vessel breaking down, the onset of poor weather conditions the hirer shall notify the owner to arrange the immediate return of the vessel. The period of the hire shall be determined upon the return of the vessel. In no event shall the owner be responsible for any costs / loss incurred by the hirer.
- If poor weather conditions are present before the hire proceeds a transfer in reservation will be granted, however we do not grant such a transfer for rain alone. Whether deemed not safe includes either of the following: (A) Winds exceeding 40km/hr (B) Rain exceeding 10mm (C) Fog
- (a) A cancellation or postponement of hire between 30 to 15 days from the hire date will result in a 50% refund. (b) A cancellation or postponement within 15 days of the hire date will result in a no refund.
- A cleaning fee of $100 will be charged if the vessel is returned uncleaned / dirty.
- (a) If the hirer does not arrive to Fivedock Bay Boat Ramp within 20 minutes of their safety and operations briefing, Sydney Boat Hire reserves the right to withdraw from booking until time is free to continue. (b) In the event of “no show”, no refund will be granted. (c) No time will be granted for late departures due to late arrivals of customer.
- I understand and acknowledge that Charge of 50% of the hourly rate will be processed every 15 minutes the vessel is beyond it’s due return time listed below.
Are pets allowed on board?
Yes! You are more than welcome to bring your pooch on board
This is vessel wheelchair accessible?