Need a party boat hire for a corporate event, birthday party, or wedding reception in Sydney that requires an unforgettable setting? Perhaps you want to treat your clients to a team-building exercise or provide an alternative venue for your childhood school friend from out of town. Regardless of your objective, hiring a private boat for your get-together is the best way to make it happen! Getting started might seem challenging if you are new to this kind of event and unfamiliar with the services offered by local companies.
However, if you proceed cautiously and follow our advice, hiring a party boat won’t be as taxing as you think. Keep reading for insight on how to hire a party boat for your event without breaking a sweat!
What is a Party Boat?
A party boat is a vessel that is designed for hosting special events. In most cases, party boats are event venues that can accommodate 50 or more guests. Most party boats have a bar on board, an area for dancing, a high-quality sound system, comfortable seating, and a spacious deck.
Party boats provide a unique setting for special events where guests can enjoy music, dancing, and conversation while sailing across Seattle’s many waterways. This can be a great alternative to a typical indoor venue, especially if you host a summer event like a birthday, graduation party, or wedding reception. You can also hire a boat if you want to do something different for corporate team-building exercises and meetings.
Things to Consider Before Hiring a Party Boat
Here are some things to consider before booking your first party boat for your occasion.
Choosing a Location
The location is the first thing you must decide before throwing your boat party. Ideally, your event should take place on large, open water. This helps to prevent any possible hazards caused by low bridges, shallow waters, etc.
Though, there are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a location. You’ll want to make sure the waters are calm and safe. Additionally, you’ll need to look at the weather forecast to be sure there aren’t any storms predicted. You don’t want to host a boat party during a hurricane.
Hiring the Right Crew
Hiring the right crew may be the most important of all the things you need to take care of before your boat party. This is especially true if you’re taking a hired boat out on the water. It’s important to make sure that the boat is in good condition.
It’s also important to ensure that the crew has a lifeboat ready in case someone falls overboard. This is especially true if you’re taking a hired boat out on the water.
Decide on the Type of Boat You Want to Hire
Hiring a boat for an event is an exciting prospect, but it can also be overwhelming if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Luckily, there are a few things you can keep in mind when you are selecting a boat for your event, such as:
- Capacity: The number of guests you want to invite will affect your decision when it comes to selecting the type of boat you hire. Keep in mind that boats are meant for socializing, so you don’t want to overcrowd them.
- Type of event: You should also consider the type of event you are hosting and choose a boat that best suits it, such as a river cruise or a cocktail cruise.
- Budget: Lastly, you should select a boat that fits your budget.
Assessing Your Budget
As we mentioned earlier, it’s crucial to establish your budget as soon as possible. This will allow you to focus your search and find the best boat for your budget without wasting time. Here are a few tips for selecting a boat within your budget:
- Shop around: You will find that the pricing for boat rentals varies from company to company. You should shop around and compare prices from three or four companies before making a decision.
- Compare the full package. You should select a company whose rates include the entire package, from the boat itself to the staff on board. This will allow you to save money in the long run.
- Negotiate for a discounted rate. Even though you have already selected the right company for your event, you can try negotiating a discounted rate.
Setting Up Before You Set Sail
Before setting sail, you’ll want to make sure that everything is ready on the boat.
This includes setting up the music system and stocking the bar. You’ll also want to make sure that the deck is clean and that the bathrooms are stocked with toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
Another thing to keep in mind before setting sail is safety. This is especially true if you’re taking a hired boat out on the water. You’ll want to ensure there are enough life jackets for everyone and that the crew is fully trained to handle any emergencies.
On-board Activities for Your Guests
While the main attraction of a party boat is the view, you can also add an extra element of fun to the experience by including various onboard activities that your guests can enjoy while onboard. Here are a few examples:
- Karaoke. For an interactive and engaging activity, hire a karaoke machine and invite guests to belt out their favourite tunes while sailing on the water.
- Games. For something a bit more competitive, engage your guests in a few.
Tips for Finding the Right Company
Many factors can affect your decision when hiring a party boat company. A good charter boat rental company should value the safety of the patrons above everything else. A good company should also have a strong safety record and a proven track record of hosting safe events. Sydney Boat Hire is a company that boasts of all these good qualities and more, for instance;
- Good reviews: Many review sites allow customers to leave reviews about their party boat experiences. Sydney Boat Hire has excellent 5-star reviews on a lot of these sites with customers giving good feedback on their wondrous experience.
- References. You can contact us for a referral, and we will link you to customers who have used our services and are satisfied with the results. This will give you a better idea of how satisfied past clients are with our company’s services.
Our team is well-equipped to meet all of your boating demands because to the wide selection of yacht sizes and price points. You can find more information on our website or contact us today at (02) 8765 1222 to book a vessel.
There are many things to keep in mind when hosting a houseboat party. Still, the best way to throw an awesome boat party is to have all the supplies ready before setting sail. This will help to ensure that everything goes smoothly during your boat party.